Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cupcake Mania - Featuring Cake Batter Filled Cupcakes!

So... it seems I have gone little cupcake crazy.  I have been making them in my sleep lately.  100 cupcakes for this event...100 cupcakes for this party... just moments ago, a friend at work who has a birthday tomorrow came up to me and said, "Don't forget my cupcakes tomorrow."

My kids are in love with batter filled anything!  I am always kicking them out of my cookie batter... so I decided to combine the two...

Confetti Cupcakes filled with cupcake batter...  YUM!...



.



...and while I usually make everything from scratch...it is summer, and I try not to be a cake snob...so Yes I used a box mix...but in my mama's words...you must ALWAYS use DUNCAN HINES!



I baked the cupcakes according to their instructions and used my new amazing cupcake coreer



It leaves behind cupcake holes, and great snacks to eat while your finishing!






For the filling empty dry mix into a bowl and add club soda until you get a cake like consistency.
Add buttercream frosting



Classic American Buttercream frosting.

This is a great recipe for decorating and piping on cupcakes and cake.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or 1/2 pound), softened (but not melted!) Ideal texture should be like ice cream.
  • 3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon table salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
Instructions
  1. Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn’t blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here. what does propecia cost - propecia discount