Monday, July 16, 2012

Bacon Overload

Bacon Overload!
(also known as....call the cardiac doctor)


I just finished a donor event for work.  In preparing for such things, I often find myself waking from a solid sleep in the middle of the night and sitting up in bed with ideas...  It is silly.... and annoying... but yes I dream about parties and decoration ideas.  I blame it all on my mom who, when I was a child would dream about how the furniture should be arranged, and get up in the middle of the night and move it.  This was all fine and good until I became a teenager and came home in the middle of the night to a dark house with the furniture moved around... enter bruised legs!

This night I happened to be dreaming about bacon, and my favorite thing in summer to eat...the simple and amazing BLT.  I decided that summer was a great time to put it all out there for an event. I have a wonderfully simple BLT dip recipe...what better to serve it in than a bacon cup!  Yes I did this.  Yes it is time consuming.  And yes it is purely a delight!

 
 
 
 

BLT Dip


Ingredients

  • 1 pound bacon
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tomato - peeled, seeded and diced

Directions

  1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Crumble bacon into the sour cream and mayonnaise mixture. Mix in tomatoes just before serving.

No comments: