Friday, July 06, 2012

Glam Shoe Rack

Kennedy's Shoe Rack


Ken went on vacation this week.  She has spent weeks complaining about not having any place to put her shoes.  ...Let me define her shoes.  They are basically anything that has at least a 4 inch heel.  As I point out to her, this is something important for a person who is already 5'7".  Regardless... her shoes needed a home.  So, when she went out of town I went to work.  Not to be undaunted by 100 degree weather..

I really thought this thing out...  I contemplated pvc pipe, shoe boxes, those little over the door thingys...nothing quite hit me as the right thing.  Then I visited craigs list...and there before my very eyes I saw "IT."  I knew the moment I laid eyes on it that it needed to be mine.  ...the fact it cost only $20.00 might have had something to do with it.

Here's the picture that was posted online...I'm sure you can see my attraction




 ...now what to do...
Did I mention that it was 100 degrees...
...and my air conditioning is out

not to be daunted I gathered some of my favorite supplies


This primer is amazing... sign me up at NO SANDING REQUIRED



I am soooooo in love with these new paint samples from Lowes.  They come in several awesome colors and they are in nifty little bottles.  It is the perfect amount to paint small pieces of furniture.  An amazing deal at $2.94.

First I primed



Then painted and decorated with mirrors and Swarovski crystal.... I love the result.  I hope Ken will be happy she came home from vacation!








No comments: