Monday, February 20, 2006

A is for Alamo

A is for Alamo -- (and of couse also for my dear friend Amber)
Last week was Alamo week at school. -- GO TEXAS!! I tell ya, it's times like these that I can't wait to move back to Indiana where they dont care about their state! This week Maddie and I had to make a model of the Alamo, and memorize Travis' letter at the Alamo.

The model was much easier than the memorization... I can't remember where I put my keys let alone anything else... Why should my child be any different... she takes after her mother.

The model could be made out of anything... so in true family fashion, we made the alamo out of a cake. The finished product took:
  • 5 cake mixes
  • 8 cups of water
  • 15 eggs
  • LOTS OF POWDER SUGAR.
We baked and stacked and we cut and we formed... Let me just say if Travis had this Alamo as his fort, he woudn't have needed to send a letter for help, he could have killed off the enemy with cavaties! No word on the grade yet, but I have a happy kid that loved her model... that's all that matters anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just enjoyed eating the left-overs! But your fellow talent says "Good writing."

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't believe I rate (almost) as high as the Alamo! Whoo Hoo for the "A"s!

Hey, at least your Alamo was edible, ours was made of sculpting clay, so we had to keep it! It lived in the top of Sami's closet until it disintegrated into a crumbly heap and we finally chucked it (only after wearing a nice sprinkling of gray dust in my hair!)